Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Patiently waiting for Baby

Looking up the word patient gave me another insight to the meaning, "to suffer", while it feels a bit like suffering I think being patient is viewed differently than a person who might be suffering, it was also to mean bearing pains calmly or without complaint.

So being patient is what we are doing while we wait for the baby to pop out. I'm sure my wife would agree that she is bearing quite a bit of pain while we patienly wait.

The picture of the lion was one I took while at Taman Safari a couple years back and it just seemed appropriate, as he seemed to be waiting patiently for something to happen.

Well we went to the Dr's office last night and he lubed her tummy up and looked at the baby with his little machine, measuring the head carefully estimating the amount of weeks so far.
Also the weight is a little alrming as the baby is about 7lbs.
Not sure what's going to happen since the weight is more than they are used to here, compared to Asian babies, American babies are alot larger.
From what people tell me, they will almost always recomend to perform a C-section when they weight is over 3.5 kilos.
That's a bit worrying for me and Susan.
Altough she really wants to have this baby naturally.
Susan insists that it is just the Dr wanting to make more money for a more invasive procedure.
Which could be the case here with some Dr's I'm sure.

I'll be happy just as long as both are safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment

Have a day!